We are a publishing and events business, which specializes in working with UN agencies, intergovernmental organizations and international associations.
Expertise areas are sustainable tourism and preservation of World Heritage, development finance, energy, water and sanitation, healthcare, urban mobility and the application of ICT in urban development.
Besides contract publishing, we run our own high quality titles and companion events focusing on sustainable development of cities.
The ideal student
The ideal applicant for the marketing internship wants to learn the business of magazine publishing, including advertising, promotions, publicity, market research, development, and business management.
Responsibilities include conducting market research & liaison with the business development department, managing subscriptions, preparing mailings and invoices, outbound calls for research and prospecting, publicizing the magazine, and attendance at seminars.
Interns have the opportunity to become involved in many types of projects according to their particular interests.
The most suitable intern for this position would have the following skill set:
- You will have strong interpersonal and written skills
- Resourceful in finding business and prospects through thorough internet research
- Be able to work independently as well as within a team
- Professional and articulate communication skills
- Fluency in English. Additional languages are a plus
- Work to achieve key targets for sales activity
- Enthusiasm and passionate to learn about and work with international and instutional organisations